Thursday, March 20, 2008

Here I am a year later

Wow, a lot has happened. I decided to start this back up again.
First off, to our great surprise we miss Hawaii very much. Not the liberal, anti-war, anti-haole Hawaii but the beauty, the laid backness and the kindness of many people who outnumber the vocal minority.
We couldn't wait to get to GA but what a disaster that was. First off, we didn't get any money back on our deposit and secondly the stupid pest company sent my account to collections.
Now we are living in Bristow, VA, in a house I'm still not pleased with but trying to learn to love. I hated the house on Pololia for quite sometime but now it is on my screen when I log in.
Funny how time changes things.
Also, I am in the process of trying to get a home bakery business going. So, I will start baking cookies in a few.
Michael is up in Gettysburg, PA, today with his class at ILE. He's a Major now and has met his Grandfather's rank. He had talked about getting out but now talks about staying in until LTC. Time will tell.
I love Gettysburg myself. The Cashtown Inn will be on Ghost Hunters next week. That has to be one of the most haunted places in America. I would like to go back but the kids are too small.
Well today is Holy Thursday. I haven't done anything for Lent. I really have to get back to being a better Catholic and a better person.

No comments: