Friday, January 28, 2011

Twenty-five years

It is sometimes hard to believe that 25 years ago we were just moving to FL and on the day that mom & I both failed the driving test, the Challenger blew up. That was very shocking. It was also my parent's 30th anniversary. It had been 5 years since we were at Teibel's and now we were living in FL.
I'm not sure if it's still up there but they had a portrait of the Challenger pilot in the O-Club. One of the pilot's I used to date would always remark that it sure didn't take his wife long to remarry and how disgusted he was with that.
It's also been nearly 8 years since Discovery blew up. My poor Mary Catherine was on her way, as I began going into labor that night, yet I didn't know what troubles awaited when she would land early in the morning on February 3, 2003.
Twenty five years is a long time. At least we had a fabulous President then.

No comments: