Friday, August 12, 2011

I wonder what it would have been like to live 150 years ago

This is the 150th Anniversary of the start of the Civil War. I'm watching a special on the PWC channel special about the Brentsville Courthouse and Jail. I wonder what it would have been like to live during that time. My great-great-great grandfather fought in the Civil War from AL. He did not want to go, he ran away and was in jail when the war ended. My father's family was wealthy enough to send others in their stead because they did not want to go fight.
I have not been out there but I think I should go. We have so much history near our home and in fact I traveled from FL with my parents years ago to visit the Battlefield in Manassas. I haven't been back since. Funny how things that are close we never bother to see but things that are far we do.

No comments: