Saturday, September 13, 2008

So a new version of "The Women" is opening-hmmh

Well, I see that they've "updated" the classic Clare Booth Luce play and 1939 movie, "The Women". It's basically about these rich women who all shop, shop, shop and one of these women-Mary Haines' husband who has an affair with the perfume counter girl. She divorces him, he marries perfume girl and then eventually goes back to Mary and the girl goes back to the perfume counter and there are some other assorted side stories of approximately 8 other women. Funny thing at least about the 1939 version, we never see one man in the movie. Even at the end when Mary comes out of the ladies room (maybe that's where the idea of a "meeting in the ladies room" song came from) and walks to the husband, we still never see him. Well, I'll take Norma Shearer as Mary Haines over Meg Ryan any day. All except one of these people in the new film were mocking Sarah Palin-that's enough for me not to see this flick. I used to really like Meg Ryan but once she left her husband for Russle Crowe who then kicked her to the curb and married someone else, I haven't liked her. I hope it bombs like the Hindenburg.

No comments: