Friday, October 15, 2010

Four years today

Four years ago today, my husband was in Iraq and we were living in Hawaii. The kids were asleep and I was on the phone with my parents when the earthquake struck. It scared me to death and at the time, I had a pit in the stomach feeling that something also happened as well. I was pretty sure it was Michael. We lost our power but not landline phones. Michael called so I knew he was ago.
It was a few weeks later that we found out Mark was killed in action at about the time the earthquake happened. So much has happened and changed in those four years.

On a much lighter note: the crab fleet sets sail today from Dutch Harbor in "the vast Bering Sea". Carlisleboy said Cpt. Johnathan has a very short haircut. Hmmh, guess he figures the mullet look really isn't that flattering.

No comments: