Thursday, November 23, 2006

It's Thanksgiving!

Well, today is Thanksgiving & my thoughts fly back to 6 years ago when all the dates lined up to what they are this year. I was thinking about going to the Chow Hall and seeing my husband serving with the other Officers Thanksgiving to the Soldiers and their families. Pinky was serving & the new commander LTC Rutter. I remember that Wendy Polsgrove was po'd because I was yapping with him about concerts. I think he was about my age anyway-I guess one of the draw backs to being older than my husband. I also had a miscarriage that weekend without knowing I was pregnant. I remember we hurried down to Savannah to buy Michael a suit for the rehersal dinner. I cannot believe that two people who attended that wedding are no longer with us. Aunt Sissie & Pinky. When I think about Pinky I think he's the type of guy I would have wanted Moira to meet. They would have been perfect for each other. I am also reflecting on all I knew who are no longer with us, those whose time was cut too short. Yes, I think about my Grandparents but they were born in the 1800's & I didn't even know my mother's father. The people I think about who's lives were cut short, my cousin Prudy, Moira & Pinky-all of them under 33. However, at the same time I have to remember that in our Christian religion we believe that those who go before us are now with God and we're supposed to take comfort in that. I know Pinky died doing what he loved-serving God & his Country but Moira-that was a tragedy beyond belief and Prudy-she suffered so. So, tonight I am thankful that these people were part of my life and hope they are with God in his kingdom. I am also thankful for my parents who have alwalys loved me & my brother. I am thankful I found Michael as I feared there was no one for me out there. My life really began when I sent that email. I had a purpose in my life, someone to live for and someone to love who loved me back. I am thankful that through him I met his wonderful Grandparents & other relatives like his Aunt Mary & the other Glotfeltys. I am thankful for our special little angel, Mary Catherine. I regret I don't get to spend as much time with her as she needs me and I need her too. I am also thankful that we have adopted little John Paul Makana. It was during this time last year that we had to go to the courthouse to sign papers for him. He's truly our son and I know we both love him so. He's quite the little character with a winning personality. I hope that his life is never filled with regrets.
Until tomorrow then!

No comments: