Sunday, June 18, 2006

It's Father's Day & other ramblings

Well, today is Father's Day. My Dad is sick in FL & my husband is in Iraq. My brother is in Chicago and was a bit tired out from the shindig they went to. My aunt turned 80 sometime this past week. I guess a lot of the fam damily were there. However, there is less of them all the time.
Some other sad news is that my Aunt Sissie died on Thursday. She was my Uncle Billy's second wife. His first wife my Aunt Betty Ann died almost 10 years ago. She was really another nice lady. She had an infectious laugh and I liked her right away when I met her. I was bemoaning the fact that here was Uncle Billy going on marriage number two with another nice lady and I didn't have any prospects. I guess that was sometime in 1998 or 99. I didn't meet Michael until Feb. of 2000.
My second cousin is getting married in September in the Chocolate City. I guess my folks are going to go. Her father is my mother's god child and he was the ring bearer in their wedding 50 years ago. She's also the first of the second cousins to be getting married. Anyway, I guess she received the shower present from my mom and me. She was all excited. I remember how excited I was to be getting wedding presents and I think Michael was too. I know Mollie isn't as old as I was when I got married but it's an exciting time to be a bride.
Well, today that idiot lt from HI had an idiotic op-ed. I have concluded that he really is a self-aborbed human being. Well, none of his men want him over there now either. However, I think execution is a viable option because he is also encouraging others to choose his path. Well, I wish there was a way the brass could see that op-ed and his wish to have others follow his lead. He's also got his DA photo in the picture as well.
Tomorrow we have another busy day and I was hoping to drain the pond. I still haven't gotten it done yet. I need to get with the program. I haven't been sleeping well the last week or so. Maybe I need to get some more meds.
Till tomorrow then!

No comments: