Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Boy did I get a scare this afternoon!


I was out with JPM when I saw a car with government plates pull up beside my house. Out popped two guys in Class A's (which I know from reading the helpful Army Times that if they show up to your house in Class A's the service member is dead or very near death or if they show up in BDU's the service member is injured), walking up the sidewalk to my house. I ran to the gate and asked them if I could help them and they looked at me kind of funny and said they were there to go further down the street to see someone about joining the Army. I breathed a sigh of relief. Then they caught the blue star flag in the window and understood my concern. I hope that never happens again. I thought I was going to puke.
I have no idea where my husband is, no idea what he's really doing, no idea when he's coming home, but I do have an idea of when he's getting R & R. I guess I'm pretty lucky in that I hear from him pretty regularly. I guess somedays are just harder than others.
The rain may have finally stopped. However, it looks like more rain but I know in a few weeks that I'll be wishing we would get some rain.
Well, till tomorrow then!

No comments: