Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

I just finished watching "Midnight in the Garaden of Good and Evil". I didn't watch it because it's some spectacular movie or anything, I watched it to see Savannah again. That is where I first lived with Michael when we were first married. Actually we didn't live in Savannah but at Fort Stewart but we did go there quite a bit. We were so happy then-not that we're not happy now but it was a different kind of happy as we were just married-newlyweds I guess and I think that's a different type of happiness than that that develops once you've been married for a while and have had kids. I really enjoyed our time there and was sorry to leave although I wasn't sorry to leave the trailer. I sometimes wish we were back there in GA. But we can't go back to that time and if we were there things would be different. I think the crime has gotten pretty bad in Savannah since we left there. Anyway, there was still a few things we didn't get to see for one reason or another. We didn't get to Bonaventure Cemetary nor did we get to the Telfair to see the Bird Girl of Savannah sculpture. Bonaventure used to be a plantation in the late 1700 or early 1800's that burned to the ground during some party. They say as the house burned the party goers threw their crystal glasses into the fire. It's also said that you can go out there at night and hear the partygoers laughing and you can hear the sound of crystal popping in the night. People picnic out there too now.
Well, I guess it's really till tomorrow then!

No comments: