Sunday, April 09, 2006

Palm Sunday

It's Palm Sunday and this year we have a new Pope. It's really hard for me to remember a Pope other than John Paul II whom I was fortunate enough to see in 1979. I saw Pope Benedict XVI on tv today and I guess he will be leading all the services. Last Easter Michael was here and JP 2 was hanging on by a thread. We also didn't know though that a little JPM was in the wings waiting to come to our hearts and home.
Well, I don't know what Michael is up to on this Palm Sunday or in his case Monday. I did get a line from him. He said that he had a long night fixing the vehicles. I do worry for him but pray to John Paul to intercede for us to Mary through her son Jesus to keep him safe.
Next week is Easter and that too is hard to believe. We will dine at home this year. Last year Michael got plastered at dinner. He knocked on the faux wood that we would be out of here this year. We're still here and he's in Iraq. I pray that next Easter will find us all together again.

No comments: