Saturday, April 01, 2006

This isn't Mexico.

Gee, I'm watching the news today and all these illegal immigrants are marching around our country demanding all the goodies-citizenship, welfare, medicaid, schooling (in state tutition), etc. I'm sick of these of these people demanding their rights. Sorry, they're illegal and you know what, that's great if their children are serving in our military. They should be allowed to but so what there are regular citizens who were born or naturalized here that serve too. They don't take care of my kids and I've picked strawberries, tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, etc. I think it's disgusting that they want to Balkanize our country. When my ancestors came here they had to lose their borgue and learn English.
So, now hubby is 14 hours ahead of me. Whatever they were looking for last night they didn't find but it he called it 50% successful because they came back in one piece. I wonder what they were looking for--insurgents perhaps? I wish this year was up. It's now April 1st, and I'm hoping that the months go quickly.
I was not surprised to see Jill Carroll renouncing her statements of the previous days while in captivity. I guessed that either she was sufferring from Stockholm Syndrome or was saying what she needed to say to keep her head attached to her neck. It was pretty obvious that she didn't believe what she was saying as her eyes were cast down most of the time.
I just saw G. Gordon Liddy on television talking about the Iraq situation. He's more hopeful than ever after having been over there. I believe him and I believe that my husband is doing a true service to his country that people like the peaceniks wouldn't understand. I wish he was home but at the same time am proud of his service.

No comments: