Saturday, January 14, 2006

Day one

Well today is January 14, 2006 and we saw my husband Michael off to the Honolulu Airport. Today didn't start off too bad because we thought Michael was leaving at 6:00 p.m. but when we arrived it seems the head honcho decided that they would take off on the originally scheduled 3:55 flight. The second mistake was standing around talking to some of the other wives and "girlfriends". They all had doom and gloom prophecies and that upset me more than anything. Afterwards I took the children to Mass. At least I found some solace there. Then I came home to an empty house and wanted to cry again but couldn't because my son had a fit when all the of the others started to cry. So I feel like Claudette Colbert in "Since You Went Away" coming into an empty house where just hours before my husband sat at his computer. The house is so lonely without him.
So now we wait to find out whether or not we will be able to hook up on the mainland. I suppose he'll find out tomorrow or Monday whether or not he'll have any time off.

No comments: