Monday, January 30, 2006

What the hell is going on with this post??




This is the third time I have done this post. I am also trying to post pictures and they say they're posting but they're not there.
Anyway, today I took JPM to his doctor to see what is going on. She said that this is generally what happens when parents deploy and he should calm down soon. She also said I can give him benadryl before bed and when we fly out in two weeks.
Well there was a big article in the Army Times today about what my husband is doing. I think it was somewhat disingenous and he said it was completely wrong. He also said that a number of reporters and someone from the NYT will be down there tomorrow. I bet the LAT isn't sending that Joel Stein down there. A note to Mr. Stein: the troops wouldn't want to hang out with you in Vegas.
I also ordered a new comforter for the queen bed we have now. It's from this place in Saraland, AL. It's about 20 minutes from Mt. Vernon, AL, where my mother hails from. The lady I talked to went to school with my cousin Robert. It really is a small world after all but I won't sing that song.
I also found out today from hubby that every few days he'll be on the road with these Iraqis. I hope he'll be safe and I'm sure every woman whoever sent her husband off to war felt the same way throughout history. I have a picture I bought while out in CA while he was in Kosovo (you know Clinton's war). It looks to be from about the time of the Crusades where a woman is tying a swatch of fabric around her husband's arm as he rides off to battle. I got it for $25 at the swap meet in Chino HIlls where my friend Susan lived at the time. It cost $100 to mail it back to GA though.
Well, I guess I should stop for now. I have the last class tomorrow and I will not have to pay the big bucks for babysitting for no real pay at UOP.
Till tomorrow then!

No comments: